John “Caveman” Gray’s Hong By Starlight Tour is operated by the man who first explored Phang Nga Bay by kayak in the eighties.
- Best sea kayaking experience in Phang-Nga Bay.
- Combines beautiful nature, enchanting culture & delicious Thai food.
- It starts late! So you avoid the big crowds of tourists that visit Phang Nga bay in the morning.
- Need more? Overnight Adventure Every Sunday & Wednesday! Read more…
Phuket Tours include:
- Round-trip transfer from / to hotels or airport in Phuket Island.
- Guided sea kayaking.
- Lunch, dinner & refreshments.
- Phuket Tour Accident Insurance.
Hong By Starlight Tour Itinerary
- 12.30-13.00 – Phuket Hotel Pick-up.
- 13.30 – Arrive Ao Po Pier and board John Gray’s escort boat, followed by Thai-style light lunch plus trip briefing.
- 14.30 – Arrive at the first island in Phang Nga Bay. Time to explore caves & hongs.
- 15.30 – Return to the escort boat and move to the next island.
- 16.00 – Explore more caves & hongs.
- 18.00 – Time for self-paddle & swimming and learn how to make your own Kratong. Thai seafood buffet dinner during Phang Nga Bay Sunset.
- 19.00 – Return to a previously visited Hong for a Loi Kratong ceremony.
- 20.00 – Depart for Ao Po Pier. Thai Seafood buffet dinner. Play Star Games on the Starlight deck.
- 21.00 – Arrive Ao Po pier and transfer back to your Phuket hotel. End of service for your Hong By Starlight Tour.
John Gray Sea Canoe Overnight Adventure
Every Sunday & Wednesday you can extend your John Gray Sea Canoe Adventure and say overnight in Phang Nga Bay. Contact Us Now
A little about John Gray
John Gray is kind of a Phuket Island legend. Came to Thailand from Hawaii, where he was already famous for his sea canoeing explorations. He was the first to explore by kayak southern Thailand and most westerners call him “caveman.” Most locals however refer to him in Thai as “Ling Yai”, which means big monkey.
First of all, thank you for the great service at Easy Day Phuket. We faced troubles making a booking with the John Gray website due to the lack of a credit card, but I’m very glad you guys gave us other options. Also, your agent came all the way to our hotel to meet us, get the cash and give us amazing recommendations -so we’re grateful!
As for the Hong by Starlight tour -it was spectacular and well-planned. I have to commend the guides and John Gray himself for the amazing service and for being very clear with explanations and instructions. Our guide, Alex, was also very helpful and considerate. Everyone basically made sure that everyone was having lots of fun!
I would always recommend the tour to everyone and anyone. Although it was slightly pricey, I thought it was value for money and definitely not something to be missed.
Thank you for making our holiday a great one!